This is a very dynamic place, where everyone meets up for language exchange, or to meet friends, or networking, or also just to chill out, alone or with friends.
There are many old people, but also students, mothers with their baby. It is one bad thing about HK, that you have nowhere to go with a child. Except the fact that it is now quite cold outside, it is also polluted, and there is no space to chill out, except the few parks that people know by heart. There is already no space for walking people in the streets, so no wonder about stroller !
There is a lot going on here, and I think it is like a microcosme: I feel I am in a small city, like when you see these documentaries on tv about the life of ants, or like the movies, where you enter an inner world inside our own world. That's pretty cool actually. It is very much alive ! and for those who feel lonely that's a good place jsut to feel the linked to the human being.
Next to me there is this old woman, that I already met many times at the same place. I stay here for few hours, doing my work, and she is here doing nothing but sleeping, or trying to speak to me (but unfortunately I do not speak a word of cantonese). Today, she said me "hello, hi", and she likes to speak to people, just because she is a lonely person, but she is a person, so feels the need to connect. Good for her, after trying to catch some people, she made a new acquaintance sitting on her left, and they have been talking for more than an hour I guess. I like it. Connexion, the will to connect and share things, it is people, it is what people are, what people do, what people look for.
I love being part of this human connexion, though sometimes, as anyone, I am not in the mood. Today I am, and connect too.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire