For those who know, I have another blog about Mongolia. Ok, you are going to say: what is it with MGL? Nothing. It is going to sound a bit presomptuous but, it is about me. Yeah, well, when I witness some interesting situations, I like to share it. So here I am in Paris. Actually, I am here for two weeks, for christmas holidays. I stay at my sister's place in Paris, and I am actually very happy to wander around for few days. After a few months overseas, I just realize how charming France is. It is just so nice to walk around, and enjoy the french life, spending half of your time in subways, walking under the rain, paying your tea/coffee 3€, etc and etc. But it is also walking on the paved streets, at every turn finding an antique shop, some postcards here, and some small bakeries there where you can savoure the best custard tart ever (my favorite cake).
Ok, I sidetrack. So I was in the subway, to meet up a friend. I had maybe ten stops to go so I decided to finish my book (You are the one I don't want, Alexandra Potter, you may think "oh just from the title I can smell the blue flower story", but I tell you, this is a very funny book, so if you want to enjoy a three hours reading, go for it). The thing is that this girl in front of me was speaking so loudly that I couldn't focus on my litterature. I know what you think, "it's not because she is speaking loudly but because you are such a curious person that you wanted to hear her story", absolutely not, maybe a little bit, no no not at all. But anyway, I had to listen to it, and it was just so stupid. She was a18 years old girl, die hair, old make-up under her eyes, looked like a teenager. Spoke like a teenager. Saying teenager things. Thinking like a teenager. So annoying.
Here she was, speaking to her mum (I guess), about soe that had some problems, was stressed, or I don't know, anyway. And she was saying, from her 15years old voice "yes you know I told her, ok do whatever to relax, smoke a cigarette, go on your balcony and smoke, ... you know what I mean, just take a cigarette, go and smoke, calm down, relax..." OMG I haven't heard so much bullshit (sorry about that) in my whole life, no but honestly, cigarette has nothing to do with relaxing. She was just trying to look "adult" with speaking about cigarettes, that's why I said "acting like a teenager". Only teenagers not only do not realise, but also think, that cigarettes is a matter of being grown-up. This is just so annoying to witness people acting a certain way to achieve smth, but who achieve the exact opposite of what they wanted. She wanted to be considered as an adult, speaking about -what she considered- grown-up stuff, though she actually achieved the opposite of what she wanted: I just thought: what a stupid girl.
I guess I was kind of the same when I was 15, maybe.Maybe. I was just thinking to tell her how stupid she sounded. This leads me to another very important topic to me: cigarettes. I simply hate it. I did smoke when I was young and stupid = when I was a teenager. I tried, as everyone, because it is just a social thing to do. It is like all these things you have to go through when you are a teenager: first kiss, first sex time, first suspension at school, first drunken party, etc etc. I do think you can't help it: teenagers just have to go through all of these things. But what makes the difference then, is the thinking afterwards. When you hit 20 years old, you have to start thinking by yourself, and for yourself. Come on guys, don't just be followers, don't just be sheep, or whatever you want to call it. Honestly, what do cigarettes bring you? the only thing would be style, and honestly, it doesn't. You are just like the others, needing an accessoire to feel confident. Oh come one, nobody needs that to feel comfortable in society. This thing won't give you what you are looking for: social group, self confidence, style...
I think, it is the same thing as the story I told before. I feel upset about it because people act in such a way to get smth, but they get the opposite result, and yes, this upset me. I can't help but getting upset, getting that feeling inside me of anger, because they look stupid. And more than that with cigarettes, they put their life in jeopardy. My sister smokes. What should I do? Look at her and say nothing? I simply can't do that. This is not me. I feel so worried for her, because I love her, she is my family. And she says "I am stressed, I am angry let me do whatever I want ok?", but she doesn't realise, the cigarette won't bring her peace, she may have health problems, and it just smells tobacco on all her clothes (and btw this gives me headache). Besides, this doesn't give her any style, this doesn't give her anything. She should ask herself: " why do I want to smoke? what do I feel after smoking? do I feel better? did it solve my problems? my anxiety?"
All the smokers should read Allen Carr, Easy way to stop smoking. Please guys, have some will and do it.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire